Hudson River Community Credit Union will consider all donation and charitable sponsorship requests, provided the request is submitted using the HRCCU Sponsorship and Donation Request form found at the following link and adheres to our Credit Union’s Charitable Donation Guidelines.
HRCCU will consider donations to and sponsorships of:
Those causes, events or activities in support of organizations that are recognized as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code and have a demonstrated need for financial, in-kind or volunteer support. consider requests based on the following criteria:
• Charitable civic, community and other not-for-profit organizations or individuals to receive HRCCU support must live, work or operate within our designated field of membership.
• The not-for-profit event must take place within our Credit Union service area.
• The level of advertising benefit for HRCCU and our members.
• The available advertising’s ability to target our field of membership.
• The availability of funds in the annual budget earmarked for charitable giving and or sponsorships. Preference will be given to requests made by credit union members.
Donations to and sponsorships cannot be made to:
• For-profit organizations;
• Religious, political†, ethnic, labor or fraternal organizations or groups unless the event or activity is consistent with the credit union philosophy and corporate objectives;
• Individual teams or small sports organizations that do not benefit a large segment of the community;
• Individuals (including members) or organizations seeking funds for personal or individual endeavors, including reimbursement for medical needs or expenses;
• Organizations where funds would be used for the purpose of building assets or capital;
• Those capable of supporting themselves or individuals/small groups that are not representative of the communities HRCCU serves or to the membership as a whole;
• Legitimate not-for-profit causes who do not demonstrate a financial need;
• For travel expenses for an event being held outside of the Credit Union’s field of membership.
† The only exception will be to donations made to the Credit Union Association of New York and CUNA-backed candidates for elective office made through Political Action Committees.
Organizations applying for a donation/sponsorship must submit a completed Donation/Sponsorship Request Form signed by the requesting individual or organization to:
Hudson River Community Credit Union
ATTN: Marketing Department
One Third Street
Corinth, NY 12801
Supporting documentation must be attached with the request. Requests must be received at least thirty (30) business days prior to the event. If your request is denied, your organization may apply again during the next calendar year.