Coronavirus Updates and Resources
At HRCCU, the health and well-being of our members, employees and communities is our top priority. We understand the concern over the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our members and employees as we learn more about the virus. At this time, we want to reassure you that we are monitoring the situation and doing everything possible to keep our members and employees safe. With that said, please see the following changes and check back often for updates:
Branch Status (updated 6/2/2020)
**Please be advised that financial institutions including HRCCU branches are considered essential services and will remain open.**
As our communities prepare to reopen, we wanted to update you on the steps we will be taking over the coming weeks to reopen our branch lobbies safely for our employees and members. We have worked to put together the following phased approach to reopening. Please be advised that this plan is subject to change based on the Capital Region’s reopening status. Branch availability will also continue to be limited to drive-thru only until the phased reopening begins on June 8.
- Phase 1: Beginning Monday, June 8, members will be able to enter branches to complete non-teller transactions like account openings, loan applications and closings by appointment.
- Schedule an appointment. In-branch appointment will be limited to non-teller transactions only at this time. Members with disabilities who need assistance can also make an appointment. To schedule an appointment, please fill out our in-branch appointment scheduling form.
- Use contactless banking. For all teller transactions, we ask that members continue using our digital banking services and drive-thru windows. The Member Experience Center is also happy to assist you with certain transactions and our Loan Center can help with loan applications by calling 518-654-9028.
- Branch locations. Banking services will once again be available at all branch locations including the Troy Branch, which will reopen for drive-thru and in-branch appointment service starting June 8. Lobby and drive-thru hours will be based on our current business hours.
- Phase 2: This phase will include reopening our branch lobbies to members for all financial transactions. You will receive an email with information regarding our full reopening prior to entering this phase.
In addition to our phased reopening, social distancing precautions have been made necessary for our branches to safely reopen. We ask for your continued patience and understanding as we abide by recommendations from the CDC and New York State Department of Health as we reopen our branch lobbies.
If you must visit a branch, we ask that you please follow these guidelines:
- Do not enter a branch if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- When entering a branch, masks must be worn by members. Masks must not cover any part of the face above the nose (no ski masks). You may be asked to remove your mask briefly for identification purposes prior to entering the branch.
- Sneeze guards at teller lines will provide an additional protective barrier for both employees and members and hand sanitizer will be made available.
Thank you for your continued trust in us as we navigate these uncertain times.
Learn more about the number of ways you can bank from your home:
COVID-19 Financial Relief Programs
During these uncertain times, we understand that there may be instances where our members find themselves facing financial difficulties. We want you to know that HRCCU is here to help and encourage members who may be impacted to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. Should you not find a program from below that meets your needs, please contact us at (518) 654-9028.
Financial Relief options for members (updated 3/27/2020):
- 90-Day Mortgage Forbearance on real estate loans for members impacted by COVID-19
- No Fee Skip-a-Pay program on eligible Visa Platinum Credit Card and Consumer Loans
- Free over the phone payments
Special Deposit and Loan Offers:
- Waiver on Share Certificate early withdrawal penalties
- 90-Day No Pay Auto Loans
- 90-Day No Pay Personal Loans
We are currently working on developing additional financial relief options for those affected financially by the coronavirus outbreak. Please check back often for updates.
HRCCU Coronavirus FAQ
We realize during these confusing times that you might have questions about your finances and how HRCCU is addressing the coronavirus outbreak. We have developed a coronavirus Help Center page to answer your questions about HRCCU’s plans to address COVID-19. We will continue to update these questions and answers as the situation with the coronavirus evolves and changes.
Important Notice Regarding Stimulus Payments (updated 4/13/20):
On March 27, the federal CARES Act was signed into law providing relief to U.S. consumers and businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. For many members, the most important piece of this legislation is the direct cash payments.
Beginning Friday, April 10, some HRCCU members will have started seeing pending stimulus payments from the IRS dated April 15 in their online bank accounts. Direct deposits will continue to be issued to taxpayers leading up to April 15. This includeswho filed federal tax returns that included direct deposit information. Additional payments will be issued by the IRS during the weeks of April 20 and 27.
Please see the below resources to learn more about the cornoavirus:
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- New York State Department of Health
- World Health Organization
We will be updating this page as more information becomes available.